Monday, July 30, 2012

Free Speech for Thee but not for Chick Fil A

I don't watch much news...it's all very depressing. So I didn't see the story about Chick Fil-A until someone posted about it on Facebook. Goes to show how addicted to Facebook I am, but that's another issue.

After hearing what the owner of this business actually said, I think this is a manufactured "issue"...and it shouldn't even be an issue in this day and age. Do people really think there are no Gay people working at Chick-Fil-A. They don't refuse service to people who are gay. They operate their business within the laws of our country.

And yet a few vocal radicals have taken the Chick Fil-A's owner's statements and blown them widely out of proportion - accusing him of being homophobic and bigoted and anti-gay marriage. None of those things appear to be true based on his statements.

He said he supported the biblical view of marriage.

OH GOOD LORD someone call the nightly news and report an outrageous opinion. Really? The definition of marriage as a man and a woman is somehow a radical, bigoted opinion? Where am I living? Mars?

I guess I thought we still lived in the United States where we had something called the First Amendment. That a government entity is now punishing a business and individual based on their speech is blatantly illegal, but that doesn't seem to stop them. Nor do they acknowledge their hypocrisy.


The owners of Amazon just donated millions towards the Gay Marriage campaign in Washington State. I don't plan on boycotting Amazon anytime soon.

This (gay) gentleman seems to have the right attitude.


If you have a different opinion that is great. What a boring world this would be if we all thought exactly the same. Yet, if you do think differently than the "approved" meme then you are ostracized, or worse. It's really pathetic and I refuse to change my beliefs just because they are unpopular with some.

I wish we had a Chick-Fil-A in our area...I'd offer them my business in a heart beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment