Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Inexpensive Baby Shower Gift

My little cousin is having a baby girl in less than two months. I love this girl like a sister and have always a special place in my heart for her and her sisters.

I wanted to do something special for her and her baby shower a couple weeks ago. We are watching our pennies super closely so I couldn't go all out crazy like I've been known to do in the past. I took her and her sister to Disneyland in 1999 for the New Year celebration. :) Can't really afford that now.

So onto Pinterest I went and I found some really cute things but the one project that caught my eye was the Hospital Survival Kit for New Moms. LOVE IT!!!


It was super easy to make...I had almost everything I needed at home but splurged for some extra snacks and a kraft colored bag with purple ribbon handles. I added a little "Daddy Survival" bag inside with sunflower seeds, granola bars, and some other snacks. For Kimiko I found pocket Kleenexes, tooth brush, tooth paste, deodorant, and other necessities to take a long.

I even had some things for after the birth - Margarita mix and candles - to relax and enjoy.

It was the most unique gift at the shower and hopefully the most useful prior to the baby being born. I can't wait to meet new Riley Sue.

No comments:

Post a Comment