Monday, July 23, 2012

Adventures in Couponing - Saving Over $80 This Week

Fun times at Walgreens, Target, and Fred Meyer on Sunday, after picking up three papers at the Dollar Store. There were some great inserts this weekend.

In total I spent $65 total and saved over $80. And I earned $13 by doing "mystery shop" jobs through Field Agent. There just happened to be jobs available at two different Walgreens and Target on the same day and I'd been planning to go to one Walgreens and Target...but the other one was on the way to Target so it wasn't out of my way. I figure that everything in the photo was regular priced at about $145 or more, meaning I saved about 55% off my bill.


My biggest scores were...

Walgreens
Right Guard Deodorant 
Reg. $3.99 (I think...most are around this price but some are $4.99!)
Sale $2.99
Coupon $1 off One
Final Price = $2.00 PLUS a $2 Register Rewards which makes the deodorant basically free.

Milky Way Candy Bars
Reg. $0.99 each
Sale $0.59 each
Coupon $0.75 off Two
Final Price = $0.22 each

Pure Silk Shaving Cream
Reg. $1.99 (I think...maybe it was $1.89)
Sale $1.29
Coupon $.80 off one
Final Price = $0.49 each

A few things were just on sale and I didn't have coupons but stocked up...including yellow legal tablets - three for a buck and highlighters for $0.19 each. Marshal uses them as markers and I use them for work.

That was my first Walgreens. At the second Walgreens I really wanted to get some free Stayfree Pads but other folks beat me to them. It happens a lot with free stuff. But I wanted to use at least one of my earned Register Rewards so I got another can of Silk Shaving Cream and a small pack of Carefree pads and one Nestle candy bar. I paid $0.67 for the whole order.

Target
Merino T-shirt
Reg. $8
Sale $6
Coupon $3
Final Price $3

Mossimo Shirt
Reg. $15 (?)
Clearance $7.48
Coupon $3
Final Price $4.48

Stayfree Pads
Reg. $2.89
Coupon $2 off 1 (this is a great coupon)
Final Price $0.89 each*

Glade Expressions Spray
Reg. $3.49
Sale $2.99
Coupon $2 off One
Final Price $0.99

Glade Expressions Refills
Reg. $3.49
Sale $1.99
Coupon $2 off One
Final Price FREE plus $0.01 To ME!

Clarol Natural Instincts Hair Color
Reg $8.34
Sale $5.99
Coupon $5 off 2
Final Price $3.49 each for hair color!!!!

I got a couple other items but all in all was pretty happy with my Target trip. Hair color for that cheap is impossible so I got three different ones and paid less than $4 for each one. So long grays!

* The Stayfree pads were free at Walgreens but for me, convenience is more important than saving an extra $0.90. So I went ahead and used my coupons and got them for less than a dollar, which is still a huge deal on pads. Those suckers are expensive. :)

Finally, after all those great deals, I headed to Fred Meyer to splurge on some Coconut Milk and Coconut Milk Ice Cream. I spent $14 on three things of milk and two things of ice cream. Coconut Milk stuff is expensive but I still saved $5 with my coupons and the milk was on sale.

Did you score anything great this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment