Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A New Recipe - Pepperoni Spaghetti Bake

Since we have a new kitchen it kind of seems stupid not to use it more often than the old one, right?

So I've been trying to cook. Trying being the key phrase. Hubby has been somewhat helpful but for the most part I'm flying blind, trying recipes kind of randomly. I've never been a good cook, nor have I ever enjoyed it. But circumstances being what they are, it really is a necessity for me to suck it up and learn to cook more foods.

I had GREAT luck with a White Chicken Enchilada Recipe. It was so amazing that the very next shopping trip I got the ingredients again because we will have it again this week.

There were a couple that I liked but he hated. One was out of a recipe book and I'm starting to notice that I actually have better luck NOT using a cook book but instead finding recipes online that other people have had experience with.

My latest experiment came from HouseParty.com where you can apply to host a party for various products. I had one for DiGiorno that was awesome and I've applied for the Chef Boyardee party so I decided to try one of the recipes.

Using Turkey Pepperoni, which was SO yummy, and two cans of Chef Boyardee Spaghetti and Meatballs poured over a biscuit type mix (okay, I'm not a professional chef...I do not know appropriate terms when it comes to cooking) it took 10 minutes (less really) to prepare and 20 to cook. Hubby didn't even believe me when I told him it was finished cooking.

Cooking - the Before Dinner Shot

After Dinner - left overs for my lunch.
Needless to say, hubby liked it, Marshal liked it, and I liked it. That means it is a keeper ... and as long as I keep Turkey Pepperoni on hand it's one that I can throw together fast any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment