Monday, August 22, 2011

Bridal Jewelry on a Budget

My little cousin is getting married on 9-10-11. Isn't that a great date for an anniversary? I can never remember mine...neither can my hubby. His mom used to remind have to remind us...and his sister. :) It's pathetic but to me, an anniversary date is just another day. Our wedding was awesome but was just the start of a life together.

I was around 9 when she was born and I remember baby sitting her and her sister...I took them both to Disneyland for New Year's 1999. I adore them.

It's mind boggling to think that she and her sister will both be married. Thankfully their two younger sisters have a while still.

I am making her bridal jewelry as a gift to her. Once the earrings and bracelet are done I'll take some photos to post.

She has TEN women in her bridal party. TEN! I had TWO...her and her sister. :) I didn't have a maid of honor.

She's on a tight budget and with ten bridesmaids it isn't an easy task to get them all matching jewelry. But I managed to work within her budget.

I made seven simple Swarovski crystal necklaces - a "floating" design using sterling silver beading wire and magnetic clasps. The earrings are matching clear crystals hanging from sterling French hooks.

For the Maid and Matrons of Honor I used a super fine sterling beading chain with floating Padparashda (it's a salmon pink color) Swarovski crystals and matching earrings.


Above is the Maid of Honor's set. The Matron's set do not have the clear crystals.

Elegant and simple. The wedding will be at my aunt and uncle's home. Luckily they have a lot of property because they are expecting over 200 guests. I will be miserable. I hate crowds. I'm sure, just like at her sister's wedding, I'll start bawling as she walks down the aisle.

I'll be posting the bridemaid's sets soon...they are going to be $17.50 for a necklace and matching earrings. Do you think that is a reasonable price for a set? They are simple designs but just sparkly enough for a wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment