Thursday, September 1, 2011

Measles Making a Comback

Another reason why I lean toward having Marshal get all his vaccines. I don't want HIM getting the measles and I want that herd immunity to stay up.

His two year appointment is coming up and he'll be getting more shots. He starts crying just going in to the clinic building now. Poor kid. But I'd rather he cried for getting a shot than suffered the horrible consequence of a disease like Measles or Whooping Cough.

Is it selfish that some parents decide to not vaccinate? It seems like they figure, "well, I won't get my kids vaccinated just in case there is some sort of weird reaction but my kids won't get sick because everyone else will get vaccinated." Perhaps that's not the logic but it sure seems like it.

There are risks to everything in life. There are risks just getting out of bed in the morning. Vaccines in some cases can cause reactions and I'm sure there have been cases of children dying. But how many MORE children will die because parents are not vaccinating?

In my mind, the risk of vaccinating does not out way the risk of Marshal catching a horrible disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment