Saturday, September 24, 2011

I Love My Incandescent Lightbulbs

It boggles my mind how intrusive government gets in our lives. Instead of letting the markets dictate an Incandescent light bulb burn out.

If CFLs and other light bulbs were so great the market would phase out incandescents automatically. If they gave the same beautiful soft light, if they actually lasted longer (they don't), or cost the same I may be convinced to switch. But until then, the government needs to back the hell up.

Outlawing incandescents has cost America jobs.
"...GE's Winchester Lamp Plant, which the company shuttered in September 2010 after 35 years of operation, citing a "profound transformation" in the lighting business. It was GE's last American plant producing traditional A19 incandescent bulbs..."
For now I'm stocking up.




And I admit...I have bought CFLs. We use them mostly in places that aren't main living spaces - the garage, outside lights, and a few lamps that aren't used a lot. There is one in Marshal's room and as soon as it burns out it's getting replaced. I hate it. It takes forever to light up. 

Once again, government overreaches. Where will it end? When owning an incandescent light bulb is a crime then I guess I'll be a criminal. And I'll definitely support the black market unground light bulb market. *grin*

No comments:

Post a Comment