Monday, September 24, 2012

New Earrings - Awareness Ribbons

Combining jewelry with awareness...I decided I like the looks of my handmade earrings using sterling silver awareness ribbons. I was looking through my charms and had some extras and experimented with some pretty smooth Amethyst rondelles.




There are colors assigned to all sorts of causes. Ribbons are our symbol to show others we support or want to raise awareness of a certain cause. I'm going to try to get stones that match all the different colors for causes. I'll also get some additional kinds of charms (i.e. Autism awareness puzzle pieces) and possibly some gold filled ribbons.

Part of the sale from each pair will go toward a charity ... I'm too bipolar to choose just one ... throughout each year I donate to American Cancer Society, Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, CareNet Pregnancy Center, and Saving Shelter Pets. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment