Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Dealing with Disappointment

I mentioned I was going to go to the fair for the third time in this post. I was really looking forward to it because I'd be all by myself ... except hubby was going up to work and I'd be riding with him and get to have lunch with him on his break.

Well...as so often happens, plans changed. As disappointed as I was, I feel like I have grown a lot in the last few years because my response wasn't pleading or trying to force the situation to be what I wanted. Instead I thought about it and just went back home.
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
God has plans for me and trying to FORCE my plans into being I interfere with what HE has designed. I *could* have figured out a way to still go to the fair but it would have cost me more money than our original plans. And I'd have to rely on someone else (who is wonderful and did offer) to give me a ride home.

So often in the past I've found myself trying to find a way to make my plans happen...through all kinds of maneuvering  bargaining, planning. And usually if something is not meant to happen and I try to force it, I screw it up.

Being home for the day, I have tons of stuff to do - including my job, which I can thankfully do from home - and getting the house ready for Marshal's birthday. Maybe this is the path I was supposed to take for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment