Monday, June 18, 2012

Rediscovering Christ

I've been a Christian for as long as I can remember. Thanks to my grandparents I attended Sunday school every time I visited their house. They'd keep me and my brother every summer and we'd attend Vacation Bible School at their local Presbyterian church. I vividly remember making the coolest felt rainbow artwork showing God's promise.

Oh and trying to memorize scripture. I suck at it. Yup. SUCK!

After my dad died I didn't turn away from God as some might expect me to...I talked to him and asked him to say hi to my dad. :)

My mom was never one to go to church...but she was kind enough to drive me to Wednesday night Awanas and until I could drive the Living Water church's youth group where I attended all through high school.

I was pretty passionate in my early high school years but as most people do I drifted and didn't exactly live up to the standards of the Bible I had been taught. I wasn't horrible - I never did drugs or drank but I did do many things I'm not proud of today.

Nevertheless, I always felt like God was blessing me even through some of my struggles.

"The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged." Deut. 31:8

No comments:

Post a Comment