Thursday, January 5, 2012

A Waste of Money - But A Small Treat

A few days before Christmas I went to get my nails done. Not just a manicure but this special gel manicure that is supposed to last a lot longer than regular nail polish. It costs a little bit extra but is generally worth it.

One of the things I want to work on this year is my appearance. I'm not someone who typically cares what she wears or looks like. But in my profession it is important to look professional. Part of that includes my nails.

So I chatted with hubby about it and he's okay with me continuing to go get my nails done on a regular basis. Could I do them myself? Possibly. Although they wouldn't look as nice, nor do I know how to apply the gel.

Is it worth spending $25 one to two times per month? We'll see. It's been over a week and my nails still look pretty good and having gel on them means I don't pick at them. :)

If I find myself spending too much I'll stop going but I think this is one part of my appearance I'd like to keep up...as well as wearing make up on a consistent basis. That's a whole separate issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment