Friday, January 6, 2012

Getting Organized in 2012

Being organized is something I value ... just not always something I am able to implement. I'm hoping with sites like "I'm an Organizing Junkie" I'll trim down our "stuff" and create a simple clean home and a more simple life.

Our house is fairly small...around 1300 square feet. We have three big dogs and three people. It gets a little cramped.

Remodeling the kitchen last year made our kitchen way more functional and created more storage space. Our living room is decent sized but is quickly filling up with kid stuff...an easel, lego, a big train tent. You get the idea.

And then those little things that just seem to pile up with no permanent home.

I bought a few plastic storage containers but I think I'm going to need a few more. I figure if I can get Marshal's smaller toys into a bin under the coffee table he could still play but we could keep things out of the way. His room is really the worst though. It's hard to walk there are so many toys and clothes.

I need to work on letting go...I feel guilty getting rid of things.

Best therapy...watching Hoarders. :) I do NOT want to end up on that show.

No comments:

Post a Comment