Monday, January 9, 2012

A New Tool for Losing Weight

Since I'm not the only one trying to start the New Year off right it's really good to chat with other people with similar goals.

My boss' wife, Alycia, stopped by our office the other day and she'd just come from the gym. She told me about this great FREE program online, that also has an iPhone App, to track your food, exercise, and weight. I've looked at various different kinds of online programs and never found them fabulous. It was hard to find foods and get semi-accurate details.

This one though seems to have just about everything. It's called MyFitnessPal.com. You simply enter your starting weight, your height, and your goal and it calculates how many calories you should have each day including how many grams of protein, carbs, and fat.

My current weight is a pathetic 205 and my goal is 150.

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

I'm going to force myself to be accountable...even just to nameless random people online. =)

So far I'm loving this online program, and the phone app. The app even has a scan feature so if I'm eating a protein bar or something with a bar code I just scan it and it automatically adds it...technology is AMAZING!!!

Not only that, but it has a community so you can share and get support...as well as being able to add friends who are also using the program (like Alycia).

All in all, this is definitely the best online program I've found for keeping track of food, exercise, and weight. Hopefully it will be a tool that helps me succeed in my weight loss and health goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment