Thursday, January 30, 2014

Tucson Trip - Day Two - Holy Fossils Batman

As exhausted as I was last night, tonight I can barely keep my eyes open. And it's only 7!

Mom and I slept in more than we had planned so didn't get out of the house until almost 9. The first show we went to started at 9 but when we got there it wasn't busy at all. There were still people setting up. I've never understood that. You know when the show starts, right? How are you not set up? I did meet one vendor who didn't even get his stuff from UPS, even though it was supposed to be there two days ago. So in that case, I understand.


We didn't take more than a couple of hours to go through this show. It had amazing fossils.

Super gorgeous Ammonite - Huge ... and Expensive!

Roar!


These scare me!

We got some beautiful fossil pendants that I'll be listing on my Etsy supply shop eventually.





I've never seen such a fancy porta potty! It totally cracked me up and I had to take a photo.

World's fanciest porta-potty.

Pretty carved quartz (?) or some sort of stone.
After the first show, we decided we had time to go to JOGS, which is a huge show. So huge we barely made it 1/4 of the way through in 4 hours!

One of my favorite stones - Labradorite!
This is just a hallway area...you can see how it goes on and on and on.
 

Beautiful Ammonite with amazing flashes of color

Amazing and beautiful real ivory made from OLD recycled pieces like piano keys, billiard balls, etc.

Peitersite Cabochons - These will eventually be on my supply shop site.
We ended the day with some homemade Lemon merengue pie...yummy!!!


I haven't been this tired in a long time. Tomorrow starts another busy day so I am going to go to bed early tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment