Wednesday, October 5, 2011

I'm Not Easily Offended

And I'm not sure if this rises to the level of offending me, or just makes me shake my head in wonder. An online degree is worse than no degree at all?!? Excuse me!?
"although hard to admit, when I see someone received an online degree, I question it so much more than a traditional degree.  Here is the kicker…. I sometimes question it more than if someone had no degree at all. "
It took me almost six years to get my Bachelor's degree. Now, it hasn't done jack squat for me career wise, but I love school and I enjoyed getting my major in Political Science with a minor in Business Administration. I'm not even sure what those two things really mean. But I worked hard...getting a degree online was NOT easy.

I went through Washington State University...hopefully a "real" enough school for the likes of this author.

As a Recruiting Manager I don't really care what kind of degree someone has, or if they have one at all. I'd rather see someone's motivation, ability to work hard, and interpersonal skills.

I'm glad the author distinguishes between degree "mills" and universities that offer online programs. And that she places value on networking, experience, and volunteering.

No comments:

Post a Comment