Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Etsy Now Offers Gift Cards!

Etsy just keeps adding to the awesomeness that is their site. I've been a seller on Etsy since 2005...that's the year they started. I thought it was great back then, but obviously there were some bumps.

Today it's leaps and bounds above where it was back then. Not only do they accept credit cards directly on the site (as opposed to going through Paypal, which some customers didn't like as it added an extra step to the process) but now you can buy a gift card for someone.


Birthdays? Anniversaries? Graduations? Christmas?

While some people say gift cards are impersonal, I would LOVE a gift card to Etsy. I have so many things I'd love to get but money is tight. A gift card would seriously let me treat myself.


Don't know what to get that hard to shop for person but want to support hand made? This is the solution!


You can customize your card with a graphic and with denominations of $25, $50, $100, or $250. Hopefully someday you'll be able to do a custom amount but those seem like good amounts to start with.

The "card" is electronic and you can have Etsy send it or you can print it at home and hand it to a person life and in person! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment