Friday, October 19, 2012

Dollar Tree Accepting Manufacturer Coupons

As if shopping at Dollar Tree didn't already provide for great deals...they stepped it up. Starting August 26th they started accepting manufacturer coupons.

If you just started couponing I wouldn't jump right in without really knowing your stuff or you may get pretty frustrated.

I was the very first person to use coupons at my local store (I win!) and my experience was pretty mild compared to some of the horror stories I've read. I used two coupons and got two Soft Soaps for $0.65 each ($1 - $0.35 coupon each). Some places sell it for over $2! So it's a great deal and if I had more of the coupons I'd go back for more.

But here are some things to consider if you are going to coupon at Dollar Tree.

First, read through their coupon policy, which is helpfully posted online. My store had theirs taped up to their register which was great too.

There seems to be some confusion over one of them...
We are unable to accept coupons for “Free” items with no purchase requirements or where the amount for the product is blank.
Apparently some stores are interpreting this as $1 coupon, making an item free plus tax, unacceptable. That is NOT how I read this rule.

I read it that if you have a coupon that says an item is FREE and the cashier has to write in the price that they will not take it. Even if the item is free with purchase, I read the policy as not allowing that either because most of those coupons require the cashier to write in the actual price of the free item.

I haven't tried to use a coupon for an item to get it free yet but I will. Hopefully my cashier will know what she's doing. I think most of the issues people are having are related to untrained cashiers.

No comments:

Post a Comment