Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Gift Giving Ideas for Ladies - Jewelry

It's that time of year again...my very favorite time of year. I love getting pretty and unique gifts for my friends and family. I really like to find JUST the right gift for each person, which is what makes Etsy such an amazing way to shop. They have all kinds of unique gift ideas for everyone from the littlest baby to the biggest. =)

Obviously jewelry is going to be a big hit for ladies. Not everyone will find my jewelry style to their liking (though I'll have a separate post with suggestions from my own shop!) but Etsy has you covered there too. From hippy to chic you will find all styles of jewelry!


I've known Sylvia of Sylvia Swasey Designs for many years. We met at a craft show and hit it off. She makes great jewelry using mostly dichroic glass and crystal. Her style is very distinct and she is now on Etsy. She's a local gal too but she travels around Washington, Oregon, and Montana - and she's in over 200 stores!



Another local gal, from Chehalis, Washington is Wendy of Sand & Sea Designs. I love the colorful pieces she puts together using gemstones and glass. As the name implies she has a very beach, ocean theme going on.


If dainty metal is more your or your lady's style then check out Rebekah of Burnish from Alaska. Her pieces are simple but stunning.


For some real outrageous glamour head over to BijouxOdalisque where the artist caught my eye several years ago with her amazing photos and jewelry. She has an amazing eye for gems.


Etsy even has the Steampunk jewelry scene covered. This is another artist I found who lives in Washington state, up in Seattle. London Particulars specializes in Steampunk and Gothic jewelry.

As you can see, there really is something for everyone on Etsy. I encourage everyone to support handmade artisans this year for all your gift giving needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment