Sunday, February 2, 2014

Tucson 2014 - Day 4 - Too Tired to Blog

Day four is done and gone. I'm seriously out of money - I can't use the credit card anymore. :) I've got some cash left so I'm hoarding it until I find something really unusual that I need to take home. And some basics. I want to get some lobster clasps at one of the shows where I know there's a big vendor.

So we will be doing more site seeing than I anticipated. :)

But day four was still fun because we took Marshal with us. I'm trying to create a new rock hound in him. One of the vendors at the 22nd Street show gave him an Ammonite for free. He was pretty excited to see all the fossils too. Grandma bought him a dinosaur shirt. And I found a book I want to get him someday when he's a little older.

He wouldn't stand in front of it to take a photo so I had to be sneaky.

This nice vendor gave him an ammonite.

Dinosaur!

Helping mommy and grandma find pretty Copals.

Our most exciting find - a mosquito perfectly preserved in Copal - which is not Amber because it's too "young".
 
Marshal started getting tired so we left to go to another show and got some lunch. I ordered a hot dog. Yup. I'm a gringo. I did try a new soda though!


Yummy!

Seeing all the minerals and crystals make me appreciate the magnitude of God's brilliance. Our earth produces some of the most amazing things. God's art!



 
 
If you've never been to these shows you would probably feel a little creeped out. Vendors take over entire hotels and set up their goods for sale in the rooms. It's so weird.
 
The "showrooms"

Marshal had a lot of patience but he was starting to touch everything and it was driving me nuts. So we bribed him with some hot chocolate. It didn't help.


He finally got to buy some things ... but he had to narrow it down to 5 ... he wanted 20!


The funnest part for Marshal was the golf cart shuttle we got to ride on to and from our car. It's the little things in life!



Can someone explain why this McDonalds is guarded by a T-Rex? :)



We got home early and everyone but me went into the hot tub and enjoyed the view while I went through my purchases and started cataloging things.





Not too shabby.

And we were all tired...mom crashed on the couch. :)

ZZZZZZzzzzzzzz

No comments:

Post a Comment